Information Security Consultant Certification (ISSC)– 6 Months
This Information Security Certification program is most suitable for students who are looking for 6- months Industrial Training and want to join a career oriented course. Now a days getting a job is very difficult in spite of having the required degrees and academic qualifications because Organizations do not want to spend time, money, and efforts on training a person and they give preference to candidates having requisite skills and hands on experience.
Thus the aim of training is to bridge the gap in academic curriculum and the requirements of the Industry.The students are taught the basics of information security and gradually taken to the advanced level covering all aspects of information security. The program is focused to equip students with the necessary knowledge and experience, develop skills and competencies required to become “employable”. The participants would be able to implement/ advise controls necessary to preserve the Information i.e. to maintain the confidentiality, Integrity and Availability and thus provide value addition to the Organizationby keeping data and sensitive information secure.
Why Should You Attend ISSC?
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the rate of growth for jobs in Information / CyberSecurity is projected at 37% from 2012-2022-that is much faster than the average for all other occupations and the demand is expected to further increase due to more dependency of businesses on IT and increased focused on Digitization. As of now, there is acute shortage of Information / Cyber SecurityProfessionals all over the world. A recent report by McAfee found that 82% of a group of 775 IT and Information / Cyber Security decision-makers reported that they had a shortage of Cyber security skills within their Organization.
Due to increased reliance on Technology by businesses to support their critical functions and continuous threat from cyber-attacks, the requirement for Security Professionals is likely to be stimulating, challenging and constantly evolving. The employers have recognizedthe value, skills and experience of trained Security Professionals. Thus,students considering a move towards roles in Information / Cyber Security can look forward to a lucrative, rewarding career with excellent prospects and most importantly, plenty of job opportunities.
Based on the SANS survey the top five industries for Information / Cyber Security professionals are Banking/Finance/Insurance, Information Technology/Management, Government (Defense), Government (Nondefense), and Consulting/Professional Services.
The course objective is to make participants understand the basics, key concepts &acquire the practical experience, knowledge, skills and develop competencies required to make them ready to take on challenging career opportunities in the Information Security.
Benefits of Attending ISCC
- Developed expertise by gainingessential knowledge, skill sets&experience.
- Ability to identify suitable controls to maintain CIA of Information.
- Exposure to real work environment.
- Understanding of tools and technology used in the industry.
- Prepares students employment ready and opens the door of endless career opportunities.
- Competitive advantage over peers.
- Ability to identify, formulate and mitigate risks.
- Ability to conduct research and find appropriate security control for an Organization.
- Understanding of the importance cost-effectiveness in design and developments of solution.
- Developed capability and enthusiasm for self-improvement through continuous professional development.
Course Content Overview
- Introduction & Fundamentals of Information Security
- Network Security
- Server Security
- Web Application Security
- Information Security Management System
- Business Continuity Management
- Introduction to PCI-DSS