What is ISO 22301?
The full name of the standard is ISO 22301:2012 Societal security – Business continuity management systems – Requirements. ISO/IEC 22301:2012 sets out the requirements for a business continuity management system (BCMS) and is considered the only credible framework for effective business continuity management in the world. The standard specifies requirements to plan, establish, implement, operate, monitor, review, maintain and continually improve management system. An effective business continuity management system helps anorganizationto resume operations and return to ‘business as usual’ as quickly as possible after a disruptive incident e.g.cyber-attack or flood.
The requirements of ISO 22301:2012 are generic in nature and intended to be applicable to all organizations or parts thereof, regardless of type, size and business of the organization.
The course objective is to make participants understand the key concepts of business continuity so that they are able to identify critical business functions, potential threats, evaluate their impact and develop mitigation strategy to minimize the impact of the disruption.
Who Should Attend ISO 22301 Training?
- Managers or Consultants responsible for risk & business continuity.
- IT Professionals involved in business continuity.
- Individuals who are part of BCM team.
- Professionals seeking to implement Business Continuity Management System.
- Advisors in Business continuity Management.
- Auditors who wish to better understand 22301.
Benefits of Attending ISO 22301 Training
- Thorough understanding of best practices for planning and implementing ISO 22301.
- Gaining expertise and skills to effectively implement BCM.
- Better Management of implementation of BCM.
- Proficiency to determine whether Management system is working as desired.
- Better management of internal or third party auditors.
- Be able to prepare for third party audits.
- Expertise to contribute in improving BCM system.
Benefits of 22301 to Organization
- Increased competitive advantage
- Increased Organization reputation
- Legal and regulatory compliance
- Enhanced protection of assets
- Increased profitability
- Reduced loss due to business interruption
- Improved processes.
Course Content Overview
- Scope: Understand the Organization and define the scope of implementation.
- Normative References: Understand normative references
- Term and Definitions: Understand various terms used and their applicability.
- Context of the Organization: Understanding business continuity needs and expectation of interested parties, define scope of BCM and establish and implement BCMS
- Leadership: Top management commitment, policy, roles and responsibilities.
- Planning: Actions to address risk and opportunities, business continuity objectives and plan to achieve.
- Support: Resources, competence, awareness, communication, documenting and updating information.
- Operation: Operational planning and control, Business impact analysis, business continuity strategy, implementing strategy, exercising and testing.
- Performance Evaluation: Monitoring, measurement, analysis and evaluation and audit.
- Improvement: Non conformity and corrective action & continual improvements.