What is ISO 22301?
The full name of the standard is ISO 22301:2012 Societal security – Business continuity management systems – Requirements. ISO/IEC 22301:2012 sets out the requirements for a business continuity management system (BCMS) and is considered the only credible framework for effective business continuity management in the world. The standard specifies requirements to plan, establish, implement, operate, monitor, review, maintain and continually improve management system. An effective business continuity management system helps an organization to resume operations and return to ‘business as usual’ as quickly as possible after a disruptive incident e.g.cyber-attack or flood.
The requirements of ISO 22301:2012 are generic in nature and intended to be applicable to all organizations or parts thereof, regardless of type, size and business of the organization.
ISO 22301 Lead Implementer (LI) Training
The ISO/IEC 22301:2012 Lead Implementer training makes the participants to develop the necessary expertise to support an organization in establishing, implementing, managing and maintaining Business Continuity Management System (BCMS) based on ISO/IEC 22301:2012. The focus of training is to make participants a thorough understanding of Business Continuity Management System and consequently improve an organization’s capability to build and implement effective mitigation strategy to minimize the impact of disruptive incident.
The course objective is to make participants understand the key concepts, approaches, methods and techniques used for the implementation and effective management of an BCMS and to develop expertise to advise an organization to build and continually improveBusiness Continuity Management System.
Who Should Attend ISO 22301 LI Training?
- Managers or Consultants responsible for risk & business continuity.
- Auditors involved in BCMS certification audits
- IT Professionals involved in business continuity.
- Individuals who are part of BCM team.
- Professionals seeking to implement Business Continuity Management System.
- Advisors in Business continuity Management.
- Third Party Auditors for 22301.
Benefits of Attending ISO 22301 Training
- Thorough understanding ofISO 22301.
- Gaining expertise and skills to effectively implementBCMS.
- Better Management& planning of implementation of BCMS.
- Proficiency to identify critical business function.
- Expertise in implementing suitable mitigation strategy based on criticality & risk to business.
- Better management of internal or third party auditors.
- Be able to prepare for third party audits.
- Expertise to contribute in improving BCM system.
Benefits of 22301 to Organization
- Increased competitive advantage
- Increased Organization reputation
- Legal and regulatory compliance
- Enhanced protection of assets
- Increased profitability
- Reduced loss due to business interruption
- Improved processes.
Course Content Overview
- Fundamental principles and concepts of a Business Continuity Management System (BCMS)
- Business Continuity Management System (BCMS)- RA and BIA
- Planning a BCMS implementation
- Implementing a BCMS
- Performance evaluation, monitoring and measurement of a BCMS
- Continual improvement of a BCMS
- Preparing for a BCMS certification audit