What is ISO 27001:2013?
The ISO stands for International Organization for Standardization. This is one of most important andworldwide recognized Standard for Information Security. The Standard provides requirements for an Information Security Management System (ISMS).An ISMS is a systematic approach to managing sensitive Company information so that it remains secure. It’s a part of the overall management system, based on a risk management approach including people, process and technology, to establish, implement, operate, monitor, review, maintain and improve information security.It helps small, medium and large businesses in any sector keep information assets secure.
The objective of the course is to build a fundamental understating of Information Security Management System. Understand that information is the most valuable“Asset” and needs to be secured. TheConfidentiality, Integrity and Availability of information need to be maintained all the time. Gain knowledge on requirements of ISMS, define policy, procedure& risk assessment framework that sets the information security rules in the Organization.
Who Should Attend ISO 27001 Training?
- IT Professionals responsible for information security
- Professionals who have interest in understanding risk and managing it.
- Professional working in Corporate Governance, Risk, Compliance and involved in handling high risk data
- Professional having a role in implementation& management of ISO 27001.
- Professionals involved in auditing ISMS.
- IT professionals, Information security Managers, Risk & Compliance Manager, business managers, business process owners, Management Consultants, Auditors.
- Students willing to acquire knowledge and skill in Information Security domain which is one of the most in demand “skill set” that promises fast Career growth Opportunities.
Benefits of learning ISO 27001
- Knowledge of one of the widely used Information Security Management System.
- Enhanced visibility of your professional expertise.
- Develop necessary expertise to implement an Information Security Management System
- Acquire necessary knowledge and skills to proficiently manage and improve ISMS
- More career opportunities in global job market.
- Earn more compared to non ISO 27001 professionals.
- Better Career growth in your organization.
- ISO 27001 makes it easier for you to search the job in international market.
- Gain exposure to one of the best globally recognized Standard.
- Acquire the relevant knowledge, skills and techniques.
- Helps you to understand risk and develop a risk assessment and a risk treatment methodology and to prepare a Statement of Applicability (SoA).
- Able to design and develop various policies and procedures.
- Ability to conduct Gap assessment.
- The course helps you to understand the mandatory documentation as per the ISO 27001:2013 standard
Benefits of ISO 27001 to Organization
- Competitive Advantage: In today’s competitive market, ISO 27001 certification differentiates Organization in the eyes of Clients and gives Business an advantage over others.
- Compliance: Helps an Organization to comply with various regulatory requirements e.g. RBI, SEBI etc.
- Reputation: Helps to protect your Organization against various threats and demonstrate that you have taken proactive steps to protect your business and thus enhances the reputation of the Organization.
- Increased Reliability of Information Systems: It ensures that Organizations information systems are adequately protected and are less likely to be attacked and thereby increasing reliability.
- Increased Business Resilience: Helps identify critical business processes and put in place necessary controls to prevent downtime of information systems due to any adverse event.
- Lower Operational Cost: The overall uptime of information systems is increased and thus reduces cost involved in bringing back the systems up and running.
- Enhanced Customer & Business Partner Confidence: The increased confidence of customer and business partners due to the fact that Organization has identified the risk and mitigated it by implementing appropriate controls.
Course Content Overview
- Scope: Understand the Organization and define the scope of implementation.
- Normative References: Understand normative references
- Term and Definitions: Understand various terms used and their applicability.
- Context of the Organization: Understanding security needs and expectation of interested parties, define scope of ISMS and establish and implement ISMS
- Leadership: Top management commitment, policy, roles and responsibilities.
- Planning:Actions to risk and opportunities, risk assessment, risk treatment and objectives.
- Support:Resources, competence, awareness, communication, documenting and updating information.
- Operation:Operational planning and control, risk assessment and treatment.
- Performance Evaluation:Monitoring, measurement, analysis and evaluation, internal audit and management reviews.
- Improvement:Non conformity and corrective action, continual improvements, control objectives and controls.