Payment Card Industry- Data Security Standard
The Payment Card Industry – Data Security Standard (PCI – DSS) is a compliance standard that defines data security requirements relating to the processing, storage or transmission of cardholder data. It is applicable to all entities that process, store or transmit cardholder data.
The PCI DSS was founded in December 2004 by 5 major card brands – American Express, Discover Financial Services, JCB International, Master Card and Visa Inc. In 2006, the card brands formed the PCI Security Standards Council (PCI SSC), an independent council established to maintain and update the PCI standards.
The standard was agreed by the major card brands as a common, consistent and secure minimum level of protection to be applied by all organizations that process, store or transmit cardholder data to safeguard payment card data and payment card customers. PCI DSS applies to card payments accepted in person, over the phone or online.
The course objective is to make participants understand the requirements of PCI-DSS so that they are able to implement the security controls necessary to protect the cardholder data.
Who Should Attend PCI-DSS Training?
- Auditors involved in PCI-DSS audits
- Managers or Consultants responsible for PCI-DSS compliance.
- IT Professionals involved in implementation of PCI-DSS compliance.
- Risk and Project Managers.
- Advisors in PCI-DSS.
- External Auditors forPCI DSS.
Benefits of Attending PCI-DSS Training
- Thorough understanding ofPCI-DSS requirements.
- Ability to suggest and implement security controls.
- Gaining expertise and skills to effectively auditPCI-DSS.
- Better Management& planning of PCI-DSS Compliance..
- Better management of internal or third party auditors.
- Be able to prepare for third party audits.
- Expertise to contribute in improving system.
Course Content Overview
- PCI-DSS- An Introduction
- Scope of PCI-DSS
- Best Practices for Implementing PCI-DSS
- PCI-DSS Compliance Process
- PCI-DSS V3.2
- Additional PCI DSS Requirements
- Compensating Controls